Monday, July 21, 2008

Depart Winnipeg for Yellowknife

Dear Blog,
after having only been home with my husband for 24 hours I had to leave him again. This time for the north. I caught a plane to Yellowknife at 4pm on Sunday. It was really hard to leave this time, different than other field programs I have left for as I am unsure what kind of communication access I will have with him. I have been told I will have email and very limited sat phone access, so writting to my blog and emailing it to him to post for everyone might be the best way to keep in touch.

Arrive in Yellowknife around 11pm, slept at the Chateau Nova. Wondered out into town for breakfast this morning, and now am just killing a bit of time in my hotel room before we head to the airport to fly to Inuvik. The boat has not yet left dock there and so we'll met it there this afternoon, and hopefuly be cruising later today.

I'm working with Mark, an old colleague from a few years ago when we both worked for DFO. We've spent alot of time in the field together so I'm sure we'll make this month long program work.

That's all for now. Take care and write soon.

Cat.

1 comment:

Sophia Munro said...

Hey Cathy!
I'm almost breathless reading about the rapid turnover in your life but know your hectic experiences will bring fond memories at the slow times in your life. I can hardly wait to hear about life in the Arctic seas. Take care,
Your favourite mother-in-law